Who is eligible to apply to the OMIF?
OMIF - General
The program provides support through four program streams – applicants include:
- Music Creation — eligible domestic and multinational record labels and domestic music publishers. Eligibility as a domestic record label may extend to high potential self-releasing BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) and Francophone artist-entrepreneurs.
- Music Industry Initiatives — eligible music industry trade associations and music service associations.
- Global Market Development for Music Managers — eligible music management companies support to participate in national and international activities that correspond to a strategy for company growth.
- Live Music — eligible domestic music promoters and presenters (including festivals)
- Domestic music promoters and presenters with revenues under $1M who meet the eligibility criteria for OMIF as well as Experience Ontario may not receive funding from both programs for the same event in the same activity window. Domestic music promoters and presenters (including festivals) with revenues over $1M who meet the eligibility criteria of Exprience Ontario are NOT eligible to apply for OMIF..
- Domestic music promoters and presenters with revenues over $1M who do not meet eligibility criteria for the Experience Ontario may be considered eligible for OMIF support. Please contact the Ontario Music Office (OMO) a minimum of two weeks ahead of the application deadline to discuss eligibility.
- First–time applicants are strongly encouraged to contact the OMO a minimum of two weeks ahead of the application deadline to discuss their eligibility.