When do I need to provide a certificate of insurance and what are the requirements?
OMIF - Technical
At the time of the application, eligible applicants are only required to acknowledge they have or can obtain general liability insurance.
Successful funding recipients must provide a Certificate of Insurance before the transfer payment agreement can be executed and it must contain all of the following criteria:
- Commercial general liability insurance on an occurrence basis for third-party bodily injury, personal injury, and property damage, to an inclusive limit of not less than two million dollars ($2,000,000) per occurrence
- Ontario Media Development Corporation* and His Majesty the King in right of Ontario as additional insureds with respect to liability arising in the course of performance of the Recipient’s obligations under, or otherwise in connection with, the Agreement (Address: 175 Bloor Street East, South Tower , Suite 501, Toronto, ON M4W 3R8)
- Cross-liability clause
- Contractual liability coverage
- 30-day written notice of cancellation, termination, or material change
* Ontario Creates’ legal name is Ontario Media Development Corporation. When naming additional insureds on the certificate, please use “Ontario Media Development Corporation and His Majesty the King in right of Ontario” (not Ontario Creates).
Please note the eligibility activity window will reflect the first day that you are insured until the last date of the activity window.