Ontario Creates-CMF Pilot IDM Futures Forward Program
IDM Futures Forward Workshops
The 2023-24 Futures Forward Program has not yet launched. Please subscribe to IDM Program Updates to receive communications from us about program launches and deadlines.
We will be partnering with recognized trade organizations to deliver a series of courses to provide early-stage screen-based companies with access to the skills that they require to fast-track their knowledge acquisition and enhance their competitiveness. The program is geared toward companies that do not currently meet the requirements of the Ontario Creates IDM Fund: Concept Definition and Production programs:
- new companies that are led by individuals with less than three years of professional IDM content creation experience (i.e., start-up company led by recent graduates)
- established companies that are transitioning to IDM content creation from other industries (i.e., linear production company exploring interactive content opportunities)
Companies should have an interest in pursuing opportunities associated with proprietary content creation, and have an IDM Fund-eligible project that they would like to produce.
At the conclusion of a Workshop program they will have:
- A business and marketing plan for their IDM product
- An understanding of business operations including budgeting, financing and financial statements
- The ability to effectively pitch their project to an investor, channel partner or funding agency
- A solid understanding of the IDM Fund program requirements.
In 2022-23 Ontario Creates partnered with Hand Eye Society, Interactive Ontario, Webseries Canada, Amplifia Network and Women in FIlm & Television (WIFT-T).
Successful workshop participants will be eligible to submit an application for subsequent deadlines of the IDM Fund Concept Definition and/or Production programs in either stream [Video Content (Linear) or Interactive Content (Non-Linear)]. They will also have an opportunity to apply for a limited grant (Not yet launched - See below for information from 2022-23).
Ontario Creates-CMF Pilot IDM Futures Forward Program
Ontario Creates and the Canada Media Fund (CMF) are pleased to announce a pilot partnership program to fund early-stage, interactive digital media development projects from emerging and equity-deserving Ontario companies.
This program is intended to provide funding for early-stage project-related development to companies that:
- completed Ontario Creates’ Futures Forward training in Fall 2022, OR
- meet the eligibility criteria for the Ontario Creates IDM Fund, and where the majority or owners self-identify as members of an equity-deserving community including women or non-binary; 2SLGBTQIA+; First Nations, Inuit, or Métis; Racialized; Persons with disabilities; Francophone.
Eligible projects must be interactive content or video content, and may include:
- Video games
- Mobile content apps
- E-learning content
- XR experiences
- Digital publishing projects
- Other web properties
- Web series
- Video content for online magazines
- Video-based e-learning projects
January 23, 2023, by 5:00 pm ET
Eligible companies may submit an application to the Program to receive one of a limited number of grants (non-refundable contributions) to assist them with their project development activities.
- The maximum contribution to a project funded through the Program shall be the lesser of $20,000 or 75% of the project’s eligible costs with (i) 50% of the contribution from the CMF and (ii) 50% from Ontario Creates.
- This Program has a commitment to provide 1/3 of its budget towards French-language projects and 2/3 of its budget towards projects from companies owned by members of equity-deserving communities.
GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION FORM
- All applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Applicants are encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required.
- Prior to starting an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.ontariocreates.c... and click on “Register”.
- If your company is registered, the program deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
Applicants are encouraged to attend an information session. Please complete the registration form prior to 5:00 pm on the day prior to the information session.
|Online Information Session #1||Monday, December 5, 2022
11:00 am ET
|Online Information Session #2||Monday, January 9, 2023
2:00 pm ET
Participants will receive an invitation via email with a link to join the session.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session but require it be conducted in French please send a request to email@example.com prior to January 5, 2023, and arrangements will be made to schedule an additional session on an alternate date.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates
Information Session and have accessibility issues that need to be considered,
please contact us as below.
Program Coordinator, Industry Development
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register here with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.