OMF - Music Industry Development
Polaris Music Prize - 2015 Winner Buffy Sainte-Marie (with Fred Penner)
The Music Industry Development stream of the Ontario Music Fund strengthens and develops the support structures and systems that contribute to economic and cultural growth of the music industry in Ontario by supporting organizations engaging in strategic initiatives with long-term impacts on the growth and sustainability of Ontario’s music industry.
Program Closure Date*
October 24, 2019, 5:00pm ET.
*Please note this program has a rolling deadline. Applications may be submitted at any time from program launch, throughout the year, until October 24, 2019 by 5 pm. It is encouraged to apply prior to the Program Closure Date, as application evaluations and funding decisions occur throughout the year, from program launch through to October 24, 2019.
If the activities are event based (e.g. awards event, conference, music showcase etc.), applications must be received by the Ontario Music Office 12 weeks in advance of the event taking place or they will not be reviewed.
Successful applicants with eligible annual revenues of $30,000 or more, may apply for up $350,000 per funding cycle. A minimum request of $10,000 is required.
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in the Music Industry Development GuidelinesApplication Process
- Applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Before beginning an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.omdc.on.ca and click on “Register”.
- If your company is registered, the Music Fund deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- Applicants are encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email email@example.com for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Information Session.
|Date:||April 4, 2019 (REGISTRATION IS CLOSED)|
|Time:||2:00 pm - 3:30 pm|
|Location:||Conference Centre, Main Floor, North Tower, 175 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario (Map)|
Registration is required. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm on the day prior to the Information Session. Unregistered guests will only be accepted if space permits.
||May 1, 2019 (REGISTRATION IS CLOSED)
|Time:||2:00pm - 3:30pm
*Note: Access to this Information Session is limited. Priority will be given to persons with accessibility challenges, and registrants outside of the GTA. Online information session participants will receive an invitation via email with a link and password to login and will be able to call in via conference call during the session.
Guidelines and Application Form
Applicants are encouraged to thoroughly review the guidelines and OMF Overview, and if necessary, register your company’s corporate information with the OAP.Enquiries Program Coordinator, OMO
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.