OMF – Music Futures
Peter Katz - Plaid Shirt Music
Sate - CLK Creative Works
July Talk - Sleepless Records
SING! The Toronto Vocal Arts Festival - Countermeasure performance
The Music Futures stream of the Ontario Music Fund is aimed at stimulating entrepreneurship and providing support to develop Ontario’s diverse and emerging music industry, including artist entrepreneurs which have the potential to grow professionally if provided with business mentoring, skills development and working capital to expand their recording, touring or A&R (artist and repertoire) capacity.
Past deadline for Music Futures: April 18, 2019 (for Record Labels, Artist-Entrepreneurs, Music Managers and Music Publishers). Please review guidelines to learn more about this cycle of Music Futures. Applications will open for this stream in early 2020.
Music Futures (Live): October 3, 2019, by 5 pm, ET for Domestic Music Promoters/Presenters and Booking Agents
NEW Important 2019-20 Program Update
The 2019 Provincial Budget reduced the Ontario Music Fund from $15M to $7M annually, effective in the current fiscal year (April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020). As a result, the maximum funding award for the Music Futures (Live) Stream has been adjusted. The maximum awarded amount may not exceed $25,000 in 2019-20.
Successful applicants with annual eligible revenues between $30,000 and $100,000 are eligible to receive up to $25,000 per funding cycle.
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in the Music Futures (Live) Guidelines.
- Applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Before beginning an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca and click on “Register”.
- If your company is registered, the Music Fund deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- Applicants are encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Information Session.
Registration is required. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm on the day prior to the Information Session. Unregistered guests will only be accepted if space permits.Webinar*
||August 14, 2019 REGISTRATION CLOSED
|Time:||2:30pm - 4:00pm|
|Date:||September 4, 2019 REGISTRATION REQUIRED|
|Time:||2:30 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Location:||Conference Centre, North Tower, 8th floor, 175 Bloor Street East, Toronto, Ontario (Map)|
Note*: Access to this information session is limited. Priority will be given to person with accessibility challenges and registrants outside the GTA. Online information session participants will receive an invitation via email with a link and password to login and will be able to call in via conference call during the session.
Guidelines and Application Form:
Applicants are encouraged to thoroughly review the guidelines and if necessary, register your company’s corporate information with the OAP.
Program Coordinator, OMO
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to email@example.com
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.