How To Be a Juror
Ontario Creates is seeking applications from qualified industry professionals to be considered as jurors for the following funding programs: Book Fund, Film Fund, Interactive Digital Media (IDM) Fund, and Magazine Fund.
Jurors play an integral role in the application review process and are valued for their experience,
The time commitment, volume and nature of applications to be adjudicated is sector-dependent,
- Senior level industry knowledge and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the program.
- Enter into a Juror Agreement and a Confidentiality Agreement with the Ontario Creates.
- Individually review and assess all eligible applications received for the program as provided by Ontario Creates.
- Attend Jury Meeting with other jurors to jointly review the applications and determine funding recommendations.
- Declare any conflicts of interest that may arise and / or indicate if you are associated in any way with any applicant company or principals of a company that is eligible to submit to the program.
To apply to be a juror, please click on the appropriate link below:
Magazine Fund Jury Guidelines and Application Form
Ontario Creates strives to compose juries that reflect diversity in Ontario as described in the Government of Ontario’s definition of diversity and/or gender parity. The provincial definition states: the dimensions of diversity include, but are not limited to: ancestry, culture, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, language, physical and intellectual ability, race, religion (creed), sex, sexual orientation and socio-economic status.
Ontario Creates is grateful for your interest in participating in this important process. It is anticipated that a substantial number of industry experts will respond. In light of this, only those selected to serve in the current program cycle will be contacted. Ontario Creates maintains an active list of potential jurors.