OMIF - Music Industry Initiatives: Global Market Development for Music Managers
Music Industry Initiatives: Global Market Development for Music Managers provides eligible music management companies with funding to participate in national and international activities that correspond to a strategy for company growth. These activities must produce measurable business and market development results for the participating company (sales, financing, licensing and/or publishing deals, audience awareness, media coverage, partnership development, etc.). Primary activities supported are market event attendance and targeted activities that support the market development strategy.
Funding is provided in the form of direct grants towards the costs of eligible activities. The OMIF Music Industry Initiatives: Global Market Development for Music Managers stream requires applicants to provide a matching contribution to ensure that maximum ROI is achieved from provincial investment. Applicants must demonstrate clear, measurable outcomes which align with the stream objectives.
Eligible Applicants can apply to ONE of the following two deadlines:
- Thursday, August 6, 2020 5:00 PM ET
for activities taking place from August 1, 2020 to July 31, 2021
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020 5:00 PM ET
for activities taking place from October 1, 2020 to July 31, 2021
This program is open to music management companies that are primarily engaged in representing or managing musicians and musical groups.
Note: Full eligibility requirements can be found in the Global Market Development for Music Managers Guidelines.
- Up to 50% towards the cost of eligible activities.
- The maximum funding request is $10,000.
IMPORTANT: First-time applicants must contact the OMO at least three weeks ahead of the application deadline to discuss eligibility. Email inquiries to OMO@ontariocreates.ca.
- Applicants must submit their applications electronically through the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP) at https://apply.ontariocreates.ca.
- Applicants that do not have a user account on OAP should go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca/ and click on “Register.” For assistance, please see Ontario Creates’ website for the “OAP Quick Start Guide”.
- For technical assistance, please contact the OAP Helpdesk at email@example.com.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to begin the application process early to allow ample time to compile and complete the necessary information. The application can be worked on over time and save information as it is entered. Once saved, you can go back to edit and/or add information up until the time when the application is actually submitted.
Late applications will not be considered for funding.
Prior discussion with Ontario Creates regarding the eligibility of an activity does not guarantee funding.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the Ontario Creates Information Session. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm ET on the day prior to the Information Session. Unregistered guests will only be accepted if space permits.
|Date:||Wednesday, July 8, 2020 REGISTRATION CLOSED|
|Time:||2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST|
Guidelines and Applications Forms
Program Coordinator, MII
Inquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.