OMIF – Music Creation
Jeremy Dutcher – Cadence Music Group
Zaki Ibrahim - Six Shooter Records
Gabriele Goulet - La Fab Musique
The Glorious Sons - Black Box Recordings
Jessica Mitchell - RGK Entertainment
The OMIF Music Creation (MC) stream supports the development of competitive, sustainable music companies in Ontario that take risks discovering and developing talent – particularly emerging artists – and bringing it to market.
MC will provide funding to eligible domestic record labels, multinational record labels and domestic music publishers to support business activities that are focused on: expanding artist rosters; investing in professional recording and production; facilitating job creation; undertaking export market development; enhancing business capacity; and increasing and strengthening diversity within Ontario's music industry.
Funding is provided in the form of direct grants towards the costs of eligible activities. The OMIF Music Creation stream requires applicants to provide a matching contribution to ensure that maximum ROI is achieved from provincial investment. Applicants must demonstrate clear, measurable outcomes which align with the objectives of the Music Creation stream.
Eligible Applicants can apply to ONE of the following two deadlines:
Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:00 PM ET
for activities taking place between August 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 5:00 PM ET
for activities taking place between October 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021
Eligible ApplicantsDomestic Record Labels, Multinational Record Labels, and Domestic Music Publishers
Note: Music Managers are eligible to apply for export travel support through the Music Industry Initiatives Program (guidelines and applications to be released on June 18, 2020)
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements can be found in the Music Creation Guidelines
Funding is available in the form of a direct grant.
- Up to 50% towards the cost of eligible activities
- The maximum funding is 40% of the company’s two-year average of total revenue to a maximum cap of $350,000. The minimum funding request is $10,000.
- Applicants must have minimum annual revenues of $25,000 from core business activities as a record label or music publisher.
IMPORTANT: First-time applicants must contact the OMO at least three weeks ahead of the application deadline to discuss eligibility. Email inquiries to OMO@ontariocreates.ca.
- Applicants must submit their applications electronically through the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP) at https://apply.ontariocreates.ca.
- Applicants that do not have a user account on OAP should go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca/ and click on “Register.” For assistance, please see Ontario Creates’ website for the “OAP Quick Start Guide”.
- For technical assistance, please contact the OAP Helpdesk at email@example.com.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to begin the application process early to allow ample time to compile and complete the necessary information. The application can be worked on over time and save information as it is entered. Once saved, you can go back to edit and/or add information up until the time when the application is actually submitted.
Late applications will not be considered for funding.
Prior discussion with Ontario Creates regarding the eligibility of an activity does not guarantee funding.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Ontario Creates Information Session. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm ET on the day prior to the Information Session. Unregistered guests will only be accepted if space permits.
|Date:||Wednesday, June 10, 2020* (REGISTRATION CLOSED)|
|Time:||11:00 AM - 12:30 PM EST|
|Date:||Thursday, June 25, 2020 (REGISTRATION CLOSED)|
|Time:||2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST|
OMIF - Music Creation (2020-21) Webinar Presentation
Guidelines and Application Forms
Applicants are encouraged to thoroughly review the guidelines and if necessary, register your company’s corporate information with the OAP.Enquiries
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.