Ontario Creates understands that COVID-19 has created many challenges across the creative industries. While our 2020-21 program application processes and deadlines will remain unchanged, please note:
- Projects may address necessary COVID-19 responses, in keeping with the program objectives. Companies will be permitted to budget funds for operations-related costs, including salaries. Project outcomes should account for these types of necessary expenses.
- The cost of participating in virtual activities/events that facilitate international business and audience development will be eligible including costs associated with the preparation of marketing materials.
- As the COVID-19 situation evolves, successful applicants will be permitted to make activity changes as necessary.
- Please contact your program consultant in advance to discuss the specifics of your circumstances and projected deliverables.
- Section Three of the application form requires a breakdown of eligible sales revenue for the past 12 months to assess the eligible maximum level of funding available to the applicant. Due to recent sales impacts as a result of COVID-19, the parameters for eligible sales criteria have been adjusted for the May 28 application deadline. Applicants have the option to base eligible sales on either the past 12 months or an average of eligible sales for the previous two fiscal years.
Successful applicants are eligible to receive up to $75,000, depending on eligible sales revenue, capped at 75% of the total project budget.
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in the Magazine Fund Guidelines. Please read the guidelines completely before beginning your application. Ontario Creates reserves the right to revise Guidelines and Application Forms.
- Applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Before beginning an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on the OAP, please go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca and click on “Register”. If your company is registered, the Magazine Fund deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to begin the application process early to allow ample time to compile and complete the necessary information. There is flexibility for completing the application form – you may begin at any time and save information as it is entered. Once saved, you can go back and edit and/or add information
untilthe time when the application is actually submitted.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email email@example.com for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an upcoming Magazine Fund Information Session. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm ET on the day prior to the Information Session. The same information is provided in both sessions.
Webinar # 1 - Registration Closed
||Tuesday, April 14, 2020 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)|
||10:00 am - 11:30 am ET|
Webinar # 2 – Registration Closed
||Thursday, April 16, 2020 (REGISTRATION REQUIRED)|
||10:00 am - 11:30 am ET|
Online information session participants will receive an invitation via email with a link and password to
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session but require it be conducted in French please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 8,
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session and have additional accessibility issues that need to be considered, please contact us as above.
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register here with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program you are interested in.