IDM Fund: Production and Concept Definition
Halcyon 6 - Starbase Commander - Massive Damage Inc.
N++ - Metanet Software
Rollers of the Realm - Phantom Compass
Severed - Drinkbox Studios
Space Janitors - Space Mop
Whatever, Linda - Secret Location
The Ontario Creates Interactive Digital Media (IDM) Fund Concept Definition and Production programs provide IDM content creators with funding for high quality, original interactive digital media content projects that make a positive contribution to the Ontario economy.
- Production - support for the creation of a market-ready content project that will be released to end users.
- Concept Definition - support for early-stage activities that will assist the applicant company in moving towards the production of a market-ready content project.
The deadlines for Production and Concept Definition programs in 2019-20: April 8, 2019 by 5:00 pm and August 26, 2019 by 5:00 pm
Successful applicants are eligible to receive a non-refundable contribution capped at 50% of the project budget.
- Production: maximum contribution = $250,000
- Concept Definition: maximum contribution = $50,000
NOTE: Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in the Ontario Creates Interactive Digital Media Fund Guidelines. Please read the guidelines completely prior to commencing your application. Ontario Creates reserves the right to revise Guidelines and Application Forms. Please ensure that you have the current versions before preparing your documentation.
Guidelines and Application Forms
Ontario Creates IDM Fund Guidelines
Ontario Creates IDM Fund Budgeting and Financing Guidelines
Application Form/Online Application Portal
Notes Regarding Budget Templates
All documentation must be submitted on the relevant Ontario Creates IDM Fund budget template. Two templates are available, one for Concept Definition projects and one for Production projects. In order to be considered complete ALL relevant tabs in the budget must be filled in.
- All applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required.
- Prior to starting an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca and click on “Register”.
- If your company is registered, the Ontario Creates IDM Fund program deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an Ontario Creates IDM Fund Information Session. Please complete the online registration form by 5:00 pm on the day prior to the Information Session. Unregistered guests will only be accepted if space permits.
Date: Monday, July 15, 2019
- Information Session #1 - Time: 10:00 am - 11:30 am - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Location: Conference Centre, 8th Floor, North Tower, 175 Bloor Street East, Toronto
- Information Session #2 - Time: 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Location: Conference Centre, 8th Floor, North Tower, 175 Bloor Street East, Toronto
Date: Thursday, July 18, 2019 - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Webex Online Information Session - Time: 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Note: Access to the online information session is limited. Priority will be given to persons with accessibility challenges, and registrants outside of the GTA. Online information session participants will receive an invitation via email with a link and password to login and will be able to call in via conference call during the session.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session but require it be conducted in French please send a request to email@example.com by Friday, July 5, 2019 and arrangements will be made to schedule an additional session on an alternate date.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session and have accessibility issues that need to be considered, please contact us as above. Our building is wheelchair accessible via the Main and North Tower entrances.
Program Coordinator, Industry Initiatives
Enquiries regarding the Online Application Portal (OAP) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register here with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.