IDM Fund: Global Market Development
The Global Market Development program provides eligible Ontario companies with funding to participate in international activities that support company growth and produce measurable business and market development results. Primary activities supported include targeted sales trips and attendance at international market events.
Ontario Creates understands that COVID-19 has created many challenges across the creative industries. As a result of ongoing uncertainty for international travel, a second deadline has been added to this program. The second deadline is available for applicants who need additional time to plan 2020-21 international business activities.
*** UPDATED*** Program Deadlines:
May 25, 2020 by 5:00 pm ET
August 31, 2020 by 5:00 pm ET
Successful applicants are eligible to receive up to $15,000 capped at 50% of the total costs for all activities.
Note: Full eligibility requirements and details can be found in the Global Market Development Guidelines. Please read the guidelines completely prior to commencing your application. Ontario Creates reserves the right to revise Guidelines and Application Forms. Please ensure that you have the current versions before preparing your documentation.
The cost of participating in virtual activities/events that facilitate international business and audience development will be eligible including staff and operations costs associated with the preparation of marketing materials and for virtual meetings.
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, successful applicants will be permitted to make activity changes as necessary.
Applicants can apply to either the May 25, 2020 deadline OR the newly added August 31, 2020 deadline. The activity window and program parameters will be the same for both program deadlines.
Please contact your program consultant in advance to discuss the specifics of your circumstances and projected deliverables.
- All applications must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required.
- Prior to starting an application, your company’s corporate information must be registered with the OAP. If you do not have a user account on OAP, please go to https://apply.ontariocreates.ca and click on “Register”.
- If your company is registered, the Global Market Development program deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
- If you encounter problems setting up your company’s corporate information, you can email email@example.com for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a Global Market Development program Information Session. Please complete the registration form by 5:00 pm on the day prior to the Information Session.
Online Information Session - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Time: 2:00 - 3:00pm
Online information session participants will receive an invitation via email with a link and password to login and will be able to call in via conference call during the session.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session but require it be conducted in French please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 24, 2020 and arrangements will be made to schedule an additional session on an alternate date.
If you are interested in attending an Ontario Creates Information Session and have additional accessibility issues that need to be considered, please contact us as above.
Program Coordinator, Industry Initiatives
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register here with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.