International Financing Forum (iff)
Ontario Creates International Financing Forum (iff)
iff is Ontario Creates feature film co-financing event at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). Selected international and Canadian producers are brought together with international sales agents, US distributors, agents, equity financiers and executive producers for brokered meetings and exclusive networking opportunities.
Now celebrating its 14th year, Ontario Creates iff has introduced hundreds of projects to the international marketplace with over 80 successfully financed to date. Canadian and international feature film producers are invited to apply to iff. Registration is free but competitive. Final selection is based on company track record, pitch package and suitability of projects.
Applicants must have, at minimum, one full producer credit on a theatrically released feature and one or two market-oriented projects in development that require international co-production or financing partners. Applicants with a full producer credit on a non-theatrically released film should contact the iff producer directly to enquire about eligibility. Please note: iff accepts non-English-language projects only with prior approval of iff producer.
Producers with only Executive Producer, Co-Producer and Associate Producer credits are not eligible.
Priority will be given to projects that have not premiered at other co-financing or co-production markets. We accept one project application per company.
Timelines/deadlines for Ontario Creates International Financing Forum (iff) are as follows. All dates may be subject to change.
Applications Open: April 16, 2019
Deadline for Canadian and International producers: June 13, 2019Event Dates
Sunday, September 8, 2019
Monday, September 9, 2019
- All new applications going forward must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Prior to starting an application, you must register your organization’s corporate information through the OAP. If this has not already been done, you must register by going to: www.applyontariocreates.ca and click on “Register”.
- Applicants are encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required. There is flexibility for completing the application form – you may begin at any time and save information as it is entered. Once saved, you can go back to edit and/or add information until the time when the application is actually submitted.
- If you encounter problems setting up your organization’s corporate information, please email email@example.com for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
- If your company is registered, the iff program deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
To submit an application please click here. Please note that all applicants will be required to submit Ontario Creates' Applicant Affidavit affirming that you have both guiding principles and a process for maintaining a respectful workplace.
Representatives from the following companies attended iff 2018:
|MK2 Films (France)|
Bankside Films (UK)
|Big Beach (US)||Playtime (France)|
|Bleecker Street (US)||Protagonist Pictures (UK)|
|Celluloid Dreams (France)||Quickfire Films (UK)|
Cinetic Media (US)
|River Road Entertainment (US)|
|Echo Lake Entertainment (US)||Road Pictures (China)|
|Seville International/eOne Film (Canada)|
FilmNation Entertainment (US)
|Singular DTV (US)|
|ICM Partners (US)||
|IFC Film/Sundance Selects/IFC Midnight (US)||Sundance Film Festival (US)|
|Ingenious Group (UK)||Topic Studios/First Look Media (US)|
|K5 international (Germany)||Universal Pictures International Ent. (UK)|
|Logical Pictures (France)||Valparaiso Pictures (US)|
|Magnolia Pictures/Magnet Releasing (US)||Visit Films (US)|
|Maven Films (US)||WTFilms (France)|
|Memento Films International (France)||XYZ Films (Canada)|
What are participants saying?
"The type of companies we met with were very suited to our project and we are hopeful that a successful partnership will arise from one of these meetings. It was a very efficient method to pitch a large number of like-minded funders and filmmakers in a short time period."
- Paula Devonshire, Devonshire Productions & James Weyman, Barn 12 Inc. (Canada)
"Co-Productions are truly about building a genuine sense of trust and partnership. The IFF forum allows for genuine project pairing to happening resulting in more meaningful connections."
- Wandile Molebatsi, Coal Stove Productions (South Africa)
"We made great contacts with lots of industry professionals we would otherwise not have met. We now hope to develop these relationships further to help with other projects in the future."
- Katy Jackson & John Leslie, Wee Buns Films, (Northern Ireland- UK)
"IFF gave us a market launch for our film, and because of it we got an offer from a sales company. The other, less tangible goal at these events, is to get face time with sales and distribution folks, make introductions, learn about their particular taste and interests, etc."
- Damon D’Oliveira & Julie Baldassi, Conquering Lion Pictures (Canada)
"IFF was very well organized and what I appreciate the most is that executives from big studios and companies participate and with interest listen about our projects."
- Anita & Ivona Juka, 4 Film (Croatia)
"This was the first market outing for TIGRESS and it was a great opportunity to connect with so many sales agents and potential co-production partners in such a condensed period of time."
- Leanne Tonkes & Jane Hampson, Sense & Centsability (Australia)
"We loved IFF and found it super well organized and valuable. Thank you for all your work and fantastic communication."
- Tara Woodbury & Paul Barkin, Alcina Pictures (Canada)
"IFF was awesome. We had so much fun and met so many lovely wonderful and helpful people. I might start developing projects purely to attend IFF."
- Christopher Granier–Deferre & Barnaby Southcombe, Poisson Rouge Pictures (UK)
2019 Gold Sponsors
2019 Silver Sponsors
Please direct any program enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register here with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.