International Financing Forum (iff)
Ontario Creates International Financing Forum (iff)
iff is Ontario Creates feature film co-financing event at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). Selected international and Canadian producers are brought together with international sales agents, US distributors, agents, equity financiers and executive producers for brokered meetings and exclusive networking opportunities.
Now celebrating its 15th year, Ontario Creates iff has introduced hundreds of projects to the international marketplace with over 100 successfully financed to date. Canadian and international feature film producers are invited to apply to iff. Registration is free but competitive. Final selection is based on company track record, pitch package and suitability of projects.
Ontario Creates is pleased to announce that IFF 2020 will be an all-virtual event. We're looking forward to welcoming this year's participants from their homes and offices around the world.
Applicants must have, at minimum, one full producer credit on a feature film released by a recognizable theatrical distributor or digital platform, and one or two market-oriented projects in development that require international co-production or financing partners. Please note: iff accepts submissions of non-English-language projects only with prior approval of iff producer.
Producers with only Executive Producer, Co-Producer and Associate Producer credits are not eligible.
Priority will be given to projects that have not premiered at other co-financing or co-production markets. We accept one project application per company.
Timelines/deadlines for Ontario Creates International Financing Forum (iff) are as follows. All dates may be subject to change.
Applications Open: May 20, 2020
Deadline for Canadian and International producers: June 22, 2020
Sunday, September 13, 2020
Monday, September 14, 2020
- All new applications going forward must be submitted via the Ontario Creates Online Application Portal (OAP). Applications submitted by any other method will not be accepted.
- Prior to starting an application, you must register your organization’s corporate information through the OAP. If this has not already been done, you must register by going to: www.applyontariocreates.ca and click on “Register”.
- Applicants are encouraged to start the application process well in advance of the deadline in case technical support is required. There is flexibility for completing the application form – you may begin at any time and save information as it is entered. Once saved, you can go back to edit and/or add information until the time when the application is actually submitted.
- If you encounter problems setting up your organization’s corporate information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. This email address can also be used for any technical questions you have about the OAP.
- If your company is registered, the iff program deadline will appear in your dashboard. To start the application, click on “Start new application” and follow the onscreen directions to access the application form.
To submit an application please click here. Please note that all applicants will be required to submit Ontario Creates' Applicant Affidavit affirming that you have both guiding principles and a process for maintaining a respectful workplace.
Representatives from the following companies attended iff 2019:
|A24 (US)||Magnolia Pictures/Magnet Releasing (US)|
|AMBI Group (US)||Maven Films (US)
|Bankside Films (UK)||Memento Films International (FR)|
|Beta Cinema (GER)
||MK2 Films (FR)|
|Bleecker Street (US)||NEON (US)|
|Celluloid Dreams (FR)||Netflix (US)|
|Cinetic Media (US)||Playtime (FR)|
|Cornerstone Films (UK)||Quickfire Films (UK)|
|Echo Lake Entertainment (US)
||River Road Entertainment (US)|
|Film Constellation (UK)||Road Pictures (CHN)|
|Films Boutique (GER)
||eOne Films (CAN)|
|Fox Searchlight (US)||StudioCanal (FR)|
|ICM Partners (US)||Sundance Film Festival (US)|
|IFC Films/Sundance Selects/IFC Midnight (US)||Universal Pictures International Entertainment (UK)|
|Indie Sales (FR)||Visit Films (US)|
|K5 International (GER)||WTFilms (FR)|
|Logical Pictures (FR)||XYZ Films (CAN)|
What are participants saying?
"The opportunity to be in a room with so many amazing executives, producers, etc. is invaluable at TIFF. I have attended several finance forums internationally at other markets and I must say - IFF is world class and amongst the best. It is a privilege to be able to participate and has done an incredible job of helping us move not just our specific projects, but also our networks and move our futures forward."
– Mike MacMillan, Lithium Studios (Ontario)
"I now have a deeper knowledge of the Canadian producing community, I have 2 potential co-production partners I’m currently considering, I have better knowledge about Telefilm and likely financing opportunities, I have confirmed Toronto as a potential production base for my film.
– Vicky Pope, POP Film (New Zealand)
"I had very good meetings concerning my project, and I look very much forward to continue the dialogue once we have the next draft ready. I am confident the outcome of IFF will help me get the project together."
– Lene Borglum, Space Rocket Nation (Denmark)
"My meetings all went very well. Everyone was very interested in my project and I feel very confident that once everyone has read, we will receive a number of offers on the film."
– Thomas Michael, Fella Films (Ontario)
"It was a productive platform where I had a chance to meet with a solid selection of potential buyers, particularly from North America. I thought the forum was well attended by executives and really well organised."
– Lucie Wenigerova, Adventure Pictures (United Kingdom)
"I really wanted to use the IFF this year to gauge the direction I will go in to finance the project I came in with. IFF allowed me to do that. I learned there is a great appetite for the project and I was able to meet a number of fantastic executives through the process."
– Tim Doiron, WANGO Films (Ontario)
"We had so much excitement from the executives we met at IFF. It was a great opportunity to make connections that will likely lead to collaborations on this project and potentially others."
– Kaleena Kiff & Galen Fletcher, Curiosity Pictures (British Columbia)
"IFF2019 was amazing! It was a one-stop shop way to build our network in terms of sales agents, distributors and international producers, as well as garner interest for specific projects and potential partnerships."
– Aeschylus Poulos & Sonya di Rienzo, Hawkeye Pictures (Ontario)
"It was extremely helpful and has given me a network to go to for all of my projects. I am very grateful to IFF for opening my eyes to how business can be done more efficiently."
– Eve Pomerance, Major Motion Pictures (Manitoba)
"Yes, it was good to pitch to a group of international sales execs as well as to attend the financing forum. It’s vital for a producer like myself to make new relationships."
– Tyler Levine, Carousel Pictures (Ontario)
"IFF is without doubt one of the most important stops on any film’s journey."
– Christopher Granier-Deferre, Poisson Rouge Pictures (United Kingdom)
2020 Founding Partners
2020 Gold Sponsors
2020 Silver Sponsors
Please direct any program enquiries to: email@example.com
To receive notification of upcoming deadlines and program updates, please register here with your complete contact information, including your full name, company name and telephone number, as well as the name of the program that you are interested in.